The Millington Cheese Factory in 1872
Published in the Kendall County Record, March 28, 1872
Edited and compiled by Elmer Dickson
We have recently printed a handsome circular for Mr. L. H. Partridge, proprietor of the new cheese factory at Mellington. This factory was put up last fall, just south of the railroad track on the Newark Road. It is a large two-story building 33 by 78 feet, and 22 feet high. When all the machinery is in it will have facilities to make up the milk of over 1,000 cows. There is a pure stream of cold water running constantly through the factory from a living spring. Operations will begin about the first of May. Farmers should call and see Mr. Partridge, learn his plans and examine his factory.